Gangjae (Park Hyuk-kwon) is leading an outwardly happy, inwardly tortuous life. Married, with a high school-aged daughter and a good job, he has achieved everything that society expects of an average middle-class man. But emotionally he is in the process of unraveling, and his well-ordered outer life is starting to show cracks as well. The plot of A Break Alone is divided between two time periods, and the film shifts restlessly back and forth between them. Ten years in the past, Gangjae meets an attractive young yoga teacher named Siyeon (Yoon Joo) and falls in love with her. They start an affair, which he manages to keep secret. But eventually she starts feeling frustrated and disillusioned with adultery (and love), and decides to marry someone else.
- Green Chair 2013 – Love Conceptually (2013) Moon-hee is an attractive woman who runs an art academy after returning from the States. She lives apart from her husband who won't divorce her and […]
- Halal Love (2016) Four tragicomic interconnected stories about how devoted Muslim men and women are trying to manage their love life and desires without breaking any […]
- The Lovers and the Despot (2016) They were the Brangelina of ’70s South Korea—the romance between the debonair film director Shin Sang-ok and glamorous actress Choi Eun-hee took […]
- Good Behavior S01E01 – So You’re Not an English Teacher
Letty Dobesh is a thief and con artist whose life is always one wrong turn, one bad decision, from implosion. Which is just how she likes […]
- Man Down S03E01 – The Heist Season 03, Episode 01 - “The Heist”
he Head Teacher manages to see right through Dan’s incompetence in the classroom and he faces a disciplinary […]