CLOSETS is an interesting, unusual film with a sci-fi twist. It features a tormented 16 year old boy called Henry who, on 12 March 1986, time travels through his bedroom closet and meets up with a similar present day teenager, Ben, occupying his same bedroom 30 years later. Ben and Henry’s developing friendship highlights past and present-day issues facing young gay teenagers. While our society’s attitudes towards LGBTs has improved dramatically over the past three decades, Ben and Henry’s story shows that confusion about sexual identity and homophobic bullying, can still result in self harming and suicidal intentions. These two teenagers from different time zones develop a deep friendship offering each support and optimism for the future. This is an unusual, compassionate and ultimately uplifting story, peppered with sorrow, humour and hope.
- Nena (2014) The film tells the story of sixteen-year-old Nena, who is confronted with the suicide attempt of her handicapped father. At the same time she falls […]
- Transparent S03E01 – Elizah Season 03, Episode 01 – “Elizah”
While working at an LGBT suicide hotline, Maura receives a worrisome call from a young transgender woman, Elizah; […]
- Chemsex (2015) In hidden basements, bedrooms and bars across London, "Chemsex" is a documentary that exposes frankly and intimately a dark side to modern gay life. […]
- Bridgend (2015) "Bridgend" follows Sara and her dad, Dave as they arrive to a small village in Bridgend County. The village is haunted by suicides amongst its young […]
- Some Kind Of Hate (2015) When a troubled teen is subjected to severe bullying, he accidentally conjures the vengeful ghost of Moira Karp. Once a teenage girl pushed to […]