The documentary captures life on the Italian island of Lampedusa, a frontline in the European migrant crisis. Situated some 200km off Italy’s southern coast, Lampedusa has hit world headlines in recent years as the first port of call for hundreds of thousands of African and Middle Eastern migrants hoping to make a new life in Europe. Rosi spent months living on the Mediterranean island, capturing its history, culture and the current everyday reality of its 6,000-strong local population as hundreds of migrants land on its shores on a weekly basis. The resulting documentary focuses on 12-year-old Samuele, a local boy who loves to hunt with his slingshot and spend time on land even though he hails from a culture steeped in the sea.
- Schweinskopf al dente (2016) Province policeman Franz Eberhofer is in a real trouble. Susi, love of his life has fled to Italy because Franz has crossed the line. And while […]
- Is Amanda Knox Guilty? (2014) A 21-year-old female student from the University of Leeds is stabbed to death in the picture postcard town of Perugia, Italy. After the horrific […]
- L’estate addosso (2016) A gay couple living in San Francisco takes in two strangers traveling from Italy to start a new life in America, discovering each other and forming […]
- The Editor (2015) A one-time (and now one-handed) master film editor toiling in the cinematic sweatshops of 1970s Italy becomes the prime suspect in a series of […]
- Tyrant S03E08 – Ask for the Earth Season 03, Episode 08 - “Ask for the Earth”
Molly returns to Abuddin with a hardened resolve to pursue her daughter’s killer. Mahdiya is entrusted […]