Unrest breaks out in eastern Helsinki as a Finnish family man gets hospitalized in the summer of 2015. Gangs of young people are burning down cars and public buildings, confronting the security guards and the riot police. The narrative goes backwards, towards the riots which mark the end of our movie. As the story begins, the unrest is still bubbling under, ready to explode any time. Vandalism and robbery are not uncommon in the suburbs; neither is violence towards the police and the security guards. Frustration, alienation, isolation and poverty corrode the asphalt surface of the multicultured society, otherwise relatively harmonious.
- A Man and A Woman (2016) 남과 여 Sang-min comes to Finland to send her autistic son to a special camp. She feels so alienated in snow covered-white Helsinki. Ki-hong is an architect […]
- John Jansen (2016) The ex- bank robber from Breda John Jansen has an impressive CV as a criminal. Jansen was seen as the leader of the infamous Juliet gang that was […]
- Kiragoorina Gayyaligalu (2016) The movie depicts the indomitable feminine spirit in all its grandeur. Most importantly the role of women in countering the evils of society on a […]
- Mozu The Movie (2015) 劇場版 MOZU 劇場版 MOZU
Set six months after Naotake (Hidetoshi Nishijima) learned the truth behind his wife's death. Naotake works for the Tokyo Metropolitan […]
- A Girl at My Door (2014) Do-Hee (Kim Sae-Ron) experiences family violence. Young-Nam (Bae Doo-Na) works as the head of police substation. She tries to protect Do-Hee from […]