Jimmy takes a look at the catastrophic effects of not getting enough vitamin D and he talks to a very brave young boy suffering from rickets. He also finds out about the surprising origin of the fortified vitamin D that’s added to many supermarket foods. Kate attempts to find out how supermarkets are able to sell one of the world’s most expensive meat at knock down prices.
- Food Unwrapped S08E03 – S08E03 Jimmy Doherty visits Ecuador, the largest banana exporter in the world, to investigate claims that the fruit could one day be used in the fight […]
- Food Unwrapped S07E03 – Bananas, Plant Meat, Crisps Jimmy visits Ecuador, the largest banana exporter in the world, to investigate remarkable claims that the banana could one day be used in the fight […]
- Food Unwrapped S06E11 – Revisited, Pinenuts and Pies The team present some favourite investigations. Does what our meat eats make a difference? Why are pine nuts so expensive? And why don’t shop-bought […]
- Food Unwrapped S08E04 – Bell pepper,Leeks,Manuka honey Kate is in California to find out why almond butter is more expensive than other nutty spreads and she finds out that a combination of extreme […]
- Food Unwrapped S08E02 – Pepper, Yeast, Crisps Kate Quilton visits Vietnam, where a global surge in demand for pepper has transformed the lives of farmers across the country. She learns the […]