Season 7, Episode 02
Jimmy Doherty, Kate Quilton and Matt Tebbutt travel the globe to uncover the truth about our food. A look back at some memorable investigations. In Bulgaria, Jimmy finds out why rose oil is considered liquid gold. Matt delves into the secret world of baker’s yeast to find out what gives sourdough bread its twang. Kate explores the power of beetroot.
- Food Unwrapped S08E02 – Pepper, Yeast, Crisps Kate Quilton visits Vietnam, where a global surge in demand for pepper has transformed the lives of farmers across the country. She learns the […]
- Food Unwrapped S08E05 – Coconut Oil, Artichokes, Absinthe Kate Quilton learns how coconut oil is extracted in Vietnam before heading to the English seaside, where she commandeers a mobile chip van to find […]
- Food Unwrapped S06E07 – Pineapples, Chocolate, Mussel Kate Quilton visits Queen Victoria Hospital in East Grinstead, West Sussex, meets a former soldier whose burns are being treated with an enzyme […]
- Food Unwrapped S06E08 – Plums, Vegetables, Cherry Tomatoes Putting plums, prunes and prune juice to the test, Jimmy Doherty heads to King's College London to make a concoction that will help keep people's […]
- Food Unwrapped S06E09 – Crabs, Greens, Gummy Sweets Jimmy Doherty investigates a new technology developed in Ireland that uses high pressure to force crabs, lobsters and mussels to pop clean out of […]