A selection of previous investigations from the programme delving into the secrets behind mass-produced food. In Romania, Kate Quilton discovers how low-price red wine is made and asks if people can really tell the difference between cheap and expensive varieties. Jimmy Doherty looks into the reasons why so many consumers are avoiding gluten, and Matt Tebbutt finds out which part of the pig goes into chewy sweets.
- Food Unwrapped S06E07 – Pineapples, Chocolate, Mussel Kate Quilton visits Queen Victoria Hospital in East Grinstead, West Sussex, meets a former soldier whose burns are being treated with an enzyme […]
- Food Unwrapped S08E05 – Coconut Oil, Artichokes, Absinthe Kate Quilton learns how coconut oil is extracted in Vietnam before heading to the English seaside, where she commandeers a mobile chip van to find […]
- Food Unwrapped S08E02 – Pepper, Yeast, Crisps Kate Quilton visits Vietnam, where a global surge in demand for pepper has transformed the lives of farmers across the country. She learns the […]
- Food Unwrapped S08E03 – S08E03 Jimmy Doherty visits Ecuador, the largest banana exporter in the world, to investigate claims that the fruit could one day be used in the fight […]
- Food Unwrapped S08E04 – Bell pepper,Leeks,Manuka honey Kate is in California to find out why almond butter is more expensive than other nutty spreads and she finds out that a combination of extreme […]