Kate Quilton visits Vietnam, where a global surge in demand for pepper has transformed the lives of farmers across the country. She learns the difference between black and white varieties and the secrets of peppercorn quality control, and discovers the remarkable lengths to which producers go to guard their valuable crop from thieves. Jimmy Doherty meets a man whose job entails harvesting different strains of yeast from locations around the world and Matt Tebbutt looks into how manufacturers flavour crisps.
- Food Unwrapped S08E05 – Coconut Oil, Artichokes, Absinthe Kate Quilton learns how coconut oil is extracted in Vietnam before heading to the English seaside, where she commandeers a mobile chip van to find […]
- Food Unwrapped S08E03 – S08E03 Jimmy Doherty visits Ecuador, the largest banana exporter in the world, to investigate claims that the fruit could one day be used in the fight […]
- Food Unwrapped S07E02 – Tofu, Ready Meals, Milk Season 7, Episode 02
Jimmy Doherty, Kate Quilton and Matt Tebbutt travel the globe to uncover the truth about our food. A look back at some […]
- Food Unwrapped S06E07 – Pineapples, Chocolate, Mussel Kate Quilton visits Queen Victoria Hospital in East Grinstead, West Sussex, meets a former soldier whose burns are being treated with an enzyme […]
- Food Unwrapped S07E04 – Almond Butter, Fortified Wine, Onions A selection of previous investigations from the programme delving into the secrets behind mass-produced food. In Romania, Kate Quilton discovers how […]