Two men separated by 100 years are united in their search for freedom. In 1856 a slave, Samuel Woodward and his family, escape from the Monroe Plantation near Richmond, Virginia. A secret network of ordinary people known as the Underground Railroad guide the family on their journey north to Canada. They are relentlessly pursued by the notorious slave hunter Plimpton. Hunted like a dog and haunted by the unthinkable suffering he and his forbears have endured, Samuel is forced to decide between revenge or freedom. 100 years earlier in 1748, John Newton the Captain of a slave trader sails from Africa with a cargo of slaves, bound for America. On board is Samuel’s great grandfather whose survival is tied to the fate of Captain Newton. The voyage changes Newton’s life forever and he creates a legacy that will inspire Samuel and the lives of millions for generations to come.
- Duck Dynasty S10E13 – Bro’d Trip Season 10, Episode 13 - “Bro'd Trip”
The guys enjoy a one-day rodeo fantasy camp where they learn the ins and outs of riding, roping and clowning. […]
- Roots (2016) S01E01 – Pilot In 1750 in the river region of The Gambia in West Africa, Omoro Kinte and his wife, Binta, have their first child, a son named Kunta. Kunta is […]
- Duck Dynasty S10E11 – Whole Lotta Bull The guys enjoy a one-day rodeo fantasy camp where they learn the ins and outs of riding, roping and clowning. Meanwhile, when Kay's dog Bobo gets a […]
- A Family Affair (2015) Tom Fassaert (Naarden, 1979) has been fascinated by his grandmother Marianne, who lives in South Africa, from an early age. His only knowledge of […]
- Hairy Bikers: Chicken & Egg S1E04 – USA Season 01, Episode 04 — “USA”
Si and Dave lift the lid on the origins story of one of the world's favourite fast foods - southern fried chicken. […]