The film chronicles the true story of the late Laurel Hester (Julianne Moore), a New Jersey police detective whose world was shattered when she became terminally ill and government officials prevented her from assigning her pension benefits to her domestic partner, Stacie Andree (Ellen Page). Laurel’s conservative detective partner Dane Wells was shocked when he learned of her sexual orientation, but he became the leader in the fight for the same-sex couple’s rights.
- Difficult People S02E10 – Cedar Cove Season 02, Episode 10 –“High Alert"
Julie writes an essay that is optioned for a movie, Billy helps with Matthew’s wedding. Julianne Moore stars as […]
- Spotlight (2015) The film tells the riveting true story of the Boston Globe’s Spotlight investigation team who uncovered a scandal that would rock the city and shock […]
- Indignation (2016) In 1951, Marcus Messner, a working-class Jewish student from New Jersey, attends a small Ohio college, where he struggles with anti-Semitism, sexual […]
- This Little Father Obsession (2016) At the heart of this bold and compelling hybrid film are questions about the significance of lineage and what is bequeathed. The film begins with […]
- Gayby Baby (2015) Kids being raised by same-sex couples are growing in numbers worldwide. We are in a Gayby-Boom. But who are these kids? What do they think about […]