The life of Jorg Geissner, a German banker, totally transforms with a visit to Paladiki Island, Greece. A business trip to check on a project called “Galapagos in Greece” by the islanders and for which his bank extended a loan and credit, brought him there. Being a German, he wants to investigate thoroughly, but Panos, a mini-mart owner, and the mayor try their utmost to sabotage him—to camouflage a not-so-good reality. After every single trial resulted in nothing because of the islanders’ secret meddling, Jorg’s trip becomes elongated, like The Odyssey’s, forcing him to contemplate the priorities and responsibilities in life again.
- São Jorge (2016) In 2011 Portugal began the so-called “year of the Troika” (EU, IMF and ECB budget cuts and economic restructuring), with the level of debt among the […]
- Murdoch Mysteries S09E10 – Raised on Robbery While applying for a loan to build his dream home for Ogden, Murdoch finds himself in the midst of a bank heist that puts his reputation at […]
- Greece with Simon Reeve S01E01 Episode 1 Season 1, Episode 1
Beginning his journey around Greece, Simon Reeve travels from the holiday islands of the Aegean, to the capital city Athens. […]
- Stalingrad 3D (2013) Drama set in 1942, during one of the most important battles of World War II, which stopped the progress of Nazi forces and turned the tide of war in […]
- Hotel Hell S03E07 – Beachfront Inn & Inlet Season 3, Episode 7 - “Beachfront Inn & Inlet”
Gordon helps a Florida owner regain control of his business and repay a loan from his […]