My Life So Far is a revealing portrait of a young Haitian Canadian returning to her native country to rediscover her culture, her struggles and successes as an athlete and her transformation into an independent young woman. Cassandre left Haiti in 1994 when she was adopted by Canadian filmmaker, Alan Collins, and visual artist, Violet Rosengarten. Growing up in Nova Scotia, Cassandra develops a love, and a serious talent for, track and field. This warm and affectionate documentary, captured by her parents over her entire lifetime, follows Cassandre’s athletic pursuits while highlighting the universal aspects of her personal story.
- Searching for Realism (2016) Searching for Realism is a winding exploration of Nova Scotia, Canada and of it’s contemporary realist artists, their curators and their exhibition […]
- Queen Sugar S01E02 – Evergreen Season 02 , Episode 02 – “Evergreen”
The Bordelon siblings try to plan their father's funeral but tensions arise between Charley and Nova; Ralph […]
- Queen Sugar S01E07 – In No Uncertain Terms Season 01, Episode 07 — “In No Uncertain Terms"
Charley faces up to the state of her marriage; Ralph Angel wants to farm full time; and Aunt Violet […]
- Fire at Sea (2016) Fuocoammare
The documentary captures life on the Italian island of Lampedusa, a frontline in the European migrant crisis. Situated some 200km off […]
- Francofonia (2015) Master filmmaker Alexander Sokurov (Russian Ark) transforms a portrait of the world-renowned museum into a magisterial, centuries-spanning […]