Season 01 , Episode 6 – “Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (2)”
Luke continues unearthing different street foods in Kuala Lumpur starting at the central Jalan Imbi market. With the market already busy at 7:30 in the morning Luke is lucky to meet a friend with a table where he’s able to taste some of the different dishes parading past him as the locals enjoy their breakfast. Having reserved the table Luke heads off to talk to some local stall-holders and fills his plate high with different tasty treats. Luke then meets Mr Sou who has been cooking a hearty pork bone soup with medicinal herbal properties for more than 20 years. Luke learns from Grandma Lim who’s perfected her noodle making skills for 40 years to create the most delicious Chinese-Malay dishes.
In this Southeast Asian culinary exploration, Luke Nguyen travels through Saigon, Vietnam; Bangkok, Thailand; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; and Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Luke Nguyen’s Street Food Asia S01E05 – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (1) Season 01 , Episode 5 – “Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (1)”
Luke continues his street food journey venturing into multicultural Kuala Lumpur. Luke meets […]
- Luke Nguyen’s Street Food Asia S01E04 – Bangkok, Thailand (2) Season 01 , Episode 4 – “Bangkok, Thailand (2)”
Luke ventures through the back streets of Bangkok in search of the best tom yum soup in the city. […]
- Luke Nguyen’s Street Food Asia S01E01 – Saigon, Vietnam – Part 1 Season 01 , Episode 1 – “Saigon, Vietnam - Part 1”
Luke begins his adventure in his family’s home city of Saigon, Vietnam, where getting up early […]
- Luke Nguyen’s Street Food Asia S01E08 – Jakarta, Indonesia (2) Season 01 , Episode 8 – “Jakarta, Indonesia (2)”
In the final part of his street food journey, Luke visits a busy stall that’s been serving a […]
- Luke Nguyen’s Street Food Asia S01E07 – Jakarta, Indonesia (1) Season 01 , Episode 7 – “Jakarta, Indonesia (1)”
Meeting up with his old friend, Derice, Luke unearths the delicious delicacies of Chinatown, […]