From abject poverty to becoming a ten-time boxing world champion, congressman, and international icon, Manny Pacquiao is the true definition of a Cinderella story. In the Philippines, he first entered the ring as a sixteen-year-old weighing ninety-eight pounds with the goal of earning money to feed his family. Now, almost twenty years later, when he fights, the country of 100 million people comes to a complete standstill to watch. Regarded for his ability to bring people together, Pacquiao entered the political arena in 2010. As history’s first boxing congressman, Pacquiao now fights for his people both inside and outside of the ring. Now at the height of his career, he is faced with maneuvering an unscrupulous sport while maintaining his political duties. The question now is, what bridge is too far for Manny Pacquiao to cross?
- Zoe Ever After S01E01 – Pilot It’s complicated being the ex of one of the greatest boxers to ever do it, but the newly single mom Zoe Moon is ready to get back into the ring of […]
- Irudhi Suttru (2015) Irudhi Suttru / Saala Khadoos is an upcoming bilingual sport drama film written and directed by Sudha Kongara Prasad. The film features R. Madhavan […]
- Champs (2015) A documentary about the sport of boxing, as seen through the eyes of champions Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield and Bernard Hopkins.
- Kako: My Sullen Past (2016) ふきげんな過去 (Fukigen na Kako) Ah, the wistful summers of near adulthood--or, for high schooler Kako (the ever-amazing Fumi Nikaido), drudging through the humid months of caring […]
- Madam Secretary S03E03 – South China Sea Season 03, Episode 03 – “South China Sea”
Elizabeth finds herself in a stalemate with the Chinese foreign minister as she lobbies for the release […]