Ben Mendelsohn plays Gerry, a talented but down-on-his-luck gambler whose fortunes begins to change when he meets Curtis (Ryan Reynolds), a younger, highly charismatic poker player. The two strike up an immediate friendship and Gerry quickly persuades his new friend to accompany him on a road trip to a legendary high stakes poker game in New Orleans. As they make their way down the Mississippi River, Gerry and Curtis manage to find themselves in just about every bar, racetrack, casino, and pool hall they can find, experiencing both incredible highs and dispiriting lows, but ultimately forging a deep and genuine bond that will stay with them long after their adventure is over.
- Angie Tribeca S01E06 – Ferret Royale Illegal pet ferrets are leaking into California, and the lieutenant could not be sicker about it. Tribeca and Geils follow a trail that naturally […]
- Western Religion (2015) The year is 1879. Gunfighters from the far reaches of the globe descend on Religion, AZ to compete in a legendary poker tournament. Drawn by the […]
- Elementary S04E19 – All In Season 04, Episode 19 – “All In”
A mysterious woman who claims to be a former associate of Sherlock’s brother tells Holmes that her life is in […]
- The Simpsons S27E07 – Lisa with an ‘S’ Season 27, Episode 07 – “Lisa with an ‘S’”
When Homer loses $5,000 at a poker game with Broadway legend Laney Fontaine, the only way he is able to […]
- Penn & Teller: Fool Us S03E02 – Jesse Eisenberg Gets Carded Magicians Brett Loudermilk, Dan Harlan, Ryan Joyce, and Kyle Eschen try to fool the veteran duo with their tricks. Actor Jesse Eisenberg performs a […]