1888: a luthier, Vedder, has to step aside when his home, opposite the recently completed Central Station in Amsterdam, must yield for the planned Victoria Hotel. His cousin Anijs, pharmacist in the Northern provinces of the Netherlands, has gotten into a fix after illegal medical practices, and is looking for a way out. For himself and his wife Martha, but also for a colony of poor peat cutters whom he promises a future in the United States. Committed – or is it pride? – the two of them think up a scheme from which they all will fully benefit. With tragic consequences.
- Great Canal Journeys S05E02 – Netherlands Season 05 , Episode 02 – “Netherlands”
Tim and Pru explore a network totally new to them as they embark on a voyage across the Netherlands. […]
- Suspects S05E01 – Episode 1 Season 05, Episode 01 - “Episode 1”
The unit is stunned when DI Martha Bellamy is murdered in her own home. DCI Daniel Drummond leads the […]
- The Submarine Kid (2016) When Spencer Koll, a United States Marine, returns home from a horrific wartime experience, his mundane reality leads him to gravitate towards a new […]
- Sacrifice (2016) Sacrifice is the story of consultant surgeon, Tora Hamilton, who moves with her husband, Duncan, to the remote Shetland Islands, 100 miles off the […]
- Addicted to Fresno (2015) Fresno is a comedy about co-dependent sisters who work as hotel maids in Fresno, CA. Shannon is fresh out of sex rehab when her younger, overly […]