A new film revives the 1980s rivalry between Alex “Hurricane” Higgins (Luke Treadaway) and Steve “The Nugget” Davis (Will Merrick), two very different personalities who helped popularise the sport on TV. In 1985, the world snooker final was watched by 18.5 million people, still a record for a post-midnight audience in the UK. Debuting on BBC iPlayer, The Rack Pack is directed by Brian Welsh (Glasgow Girls, Black Mirror), written by Shaun Pye, Mark Chappell and Alan Connor, the team behind A Young Doctor’s Notebook. Nichola Burley plays Alex’s wife Lynn Higgins, with James Bailey as Jimmy White and Kevin Bishop as Davis’s manager Barry Hearn.
- A League of Their Own S10E04 – Jimmy Carr, Claudia Winkleman, Micah Rich Jimmy Carr, Claudia Winkleman, Micah Rich
James Corden and co welcome comedian Jimmy Carr, TV presenter Claudia Winkleman and Aston Villa star […]
- Greenleaf S01E06 – Good Morning, Calvary The Bishop appoints Grace to preach on Sunday in his absence; Jacob tries to arrange a TV deal for the church; and Kevin's flippant advice to […]
- The New Yorker Presents S01E02 – Episode 2 Season 1, Episode 2 - THE RIDE OF THEIR LIVES: Filmmaker Steve James (Hoop Dreams) profiles two young people in the world’s most dangerous sport – […]
- Dylan Moran: Off The Hook (2015) Dylan Moran star of Black Books, Shaun of the Dead and Calvary is back with his new stand up show. Expect a master class in comedy when Dylan Moran […]
- Reggie Yates’ Extreme UK – S01E03 – Dying For A Six Pack Season 1, Episode 3 – “Dying For A Six Pack”
Being a British guy in 2015 is not easy, and in this series Reggie Yates travels to the extreme edge […]