Season 1, Episode 3
The group take part in laughing yoga, with hilarious results. Then go in search of a cultural fix, finding it in the heart of Jaipur’s largest slum which has been home to acrobats, magicians and puppeteers for centuries.They visit Varanasi, a hugely popular destination and one of the holiest Hindu cities in India. Hindus visit to be purified by the waters of the Ganges and to cremate their dead in the hope they have the best chance of reaching nirvana.Settling into local life, they attend Ganesh Chaturti festival, one of the highlights of the Hindu calendar and a riot of colour and noise, packed with people, floats and elephants.Bobby and Jan lead the group in a hunt for property. Bobby is keen to find somewhere to buy, while Jan falls in love with the idea of renting an apartment in a haveli amongst a local family.With one week left of their Indian adventure, what conclusions will they reach about the realities of retiring to the other side of the world?
- The Real Marigold Hotel S01E01 – Part 1 Miriam Margolyes, Wayne Sleep, Sylvester McCoy, Roy Walker, Rosemary Shrager, Bobby George, Patti Boulaye and Jan Leeming see if they can have a […]
- The Real Marigold Hotel S01E02 – Part 2 Season 1, Episode 2
Jaipur is full of hundreds of years of history, best seen in its impressive buildings, so the group head out to visit the jewel […]
- Gadaar – The Traitor (2015) Jai Singh (Harbhajan Mann) is one of the richest Indians in the world who loves to live life on the edge. A conspiracy suddenly changes his life and […]
- Indian Summers S02E01 – Episode 1 A terrorist attack against the British Viceroy of India sees Aafrin Dalal left in the frame. As the Viceroy fights for his life, Aafrin finds it […]
- Hawaizaada (2015) The film, set in the pre-independence era of Bombay of 1895, is based on the life on an Indian scientist Shivkar Bapuji Talpade, who is credited to […]