France, 1940. In the first days of occupation, beautiful Lucile Angellier is trapped in a stifled existence with her controlling mother-in-law as they both await news of her husband: a prisoner of war. Parisian refugees start to pour into their small town, soon followed by a regiment of German soldiers who take up residence in the villagers’ own homes. Lucile initially tries to ignore Bruno von Falk, the handsome and refined German officer staying with them. But soon, a powerful love draws them together and leads them into the tragedy of war.
- One Night Only (2016) Having lost all his fortune and loved ones from gambling, Gao Ye walks out from prison to a even more cruel world. Intrigued by a beautiful hooker […]
- Home Fires (2015) S02E02 – Episode 2 It’s the summer of 1940 and the village of Great Paxford is caught up in the nightmare of the Baale of Britain. Two weeks acer the defeat at […]
- Dickensian S01E15 – Episode 15 Captain Hawdon pays a secret good-luck visit to Honoria before his promotion interview, confident everything is going their way. But when she makes […]
- Land of Mine (2015) Under sandet In the days following the surrender of Germany in May 1945 a group of young German prisoners of war was handed over to the Danish authorities and […]
- Beautiful Prison (2016) Ben, a brain-damaged young man living in Mexico, awakens after a violent accident to a restored intellect and supernatural abilities, which allow […]