The camera follows closely on the heels of two brothers – one gay, the other straight. Both are looking for a job in order to survive. But both are also looking for themselves and long to find a foothold in life. The younger brother sells vegetables at the market where he meets a young woman who cannot speak but who gets up to all sorts of crazy things. The older brother is attracted to a dancer at a nightclub and finds himself drawn into some shifty business. Taking its cue from the rhythm of their wanderings, the film stays very close to its protagonists, showing them in lonely moments at the river, rambling boisterously through Taipei’s club scene by night, among barkers at the market, and in quiet moments together. Again and again the tone and hence the mood of the film changes.
- Red Oaks S01E03 – The Wedding David talks Barry into hiring him to film a wedding at Red Oaks. While the club comes out to celebrate, Nash squares off with a rival to impress the […]
- In the Grayscale (2015) En la gama de los grises Bruno is an architect who has a perfect life: A nice family and a good job. Anyway, Bruno has a deep sense of unease. He decides to leave his wife […]
- Leading Lady (2014) An idealistic British drama school teacher, Jodi Rutherford, persuades a cynical South African farmer to prepare her for a role in a major film as […]
- Tini: El Gran Cambio de Violetta (2016) Shot in Spanish and localized for markets around the world, “Tini – El Gran Cambio de Violetta” is set to thrill fans with everything they loved […]
- Barely Famous S02E01 – Career Goals Season 02, Episode 01 - “Career Goals”
Old family grievances come to light when VH1 sends Erin and Sara to shoot a vacation episode at Universal […]