In 1928, Lady Heath became the first person to fly solo from Cape Town to London. Eighty-five years later, Tracey Curtis-Taylor sets out in a vintage biplane to retrace her flight. Her extraordinary eight and a half week journey from Cape Town to Goodwood is nearly 10,000 miles long and takes her through 15 African countries. From the beauty of the wilderness to the challenge of flying through war torn nations, Tracey faces many of the same challenges as her aviatrix predecessor. With aviation fuel scarce and with a top speed of only 95 miles an hour, her progress is slow and at times frightening. Tracey will need the same courage and single-minded determination of Lady Heath if she is to make her life-long dream come true.
- Deepsea Challenge 3D (2014) Described as being a film about determination, danger and the ocean’s greatest depths, James Cameron's "Deepsea Challenge 3D" tells the story of […]
- Beasts Of No Nation (2015) Follows a child soldier torn from his family and pressed into fighting a civil war in an African […]
- The Paradise Suite (2015) The Paradise Suite is a story about six people finding each other and, sometimes with just one glance, influencing each other's lives irreversibly. […]
- Rebellion S01E01 – Episode 1 RTÉ’s new five-part 1916 commemorative drama exploring the events that led to the Easter Rising in 1916, from the point of view of a group of […]
- War Room (2015) The family-friendly movie explores the transformational role prayer plays in the lives of the Jordan family. Tony and Elizabeth Jordan, a […]