Season 03, Episode 08 – “If I Were a Bell”
Boyle Heights, 1958. 12 year old Maura’s femininity causes a clash between her mother Rose and her grandparents, Haim and Yetta. Across town, 12 year old Shelly quits the school play and stops eating but won’t tell anyone why. Flash forward to 1966, where 21 year olds Mort and Shelly carry on a secret affair.
Mort gathers his three adult kids – Ali, Sarah and Joshua – for a talk about the future, but everyone is shocked to learn that it’s not a financial inheritance at stake, but rather the complex legacy of a secret life as a transgender. Everyone’s relationship – to the world, themselves, each other, through the lens of boundaries, intimacy, sex and gender – is about to change.
- Transparent S03E02 – When the Battle Is Over Season 03, Episode 02 – “ When the Battle Is Over”
After a health scare, Maura confronts death and her relationship to her body. Sarah hopes to […]
- Transparent S03E06 – The Open Road Season 03, Episode 06 – “The Open Road”
Josh hits the road with an unlikely copilot, stirring up some undeniable chemistry along the way. Back at […]
- Transparent S03E03 – To Sardines and Back Season 03, Episode 03 – “To Sardines and Back”
Relationships are tested as the Pfefferman family gather for Maura's birthday. Sarah confronts Buzzy […]
- Transparent S03E10 – Exciting and New Season 03, Episode 10 – “Exciting and New”
After reconnecting with Colton, Josh decides to move to Overland Park, until a concerned Ali travels to […]
- Transparent S03E01 – Elizah Season 03, Episode 01 – “Elizah”
While working at an LGBT suicide hotline, Maura receives a worrisome call from a young transgender woman, Elizah; […]