Season 01, Episode 02 – “Ladies in Waiting”
With Lord Melbourne’s popularity in the house waning, the Tories eagerly await triumph. Victoria’s uncle, the Duke of Cumberland, sees a chance to prey on her vulnerability and establish a co-regency.
The ambitious eight-part drama follows the early life of Queen Victoria, from her accesion to the throne at the tender age of 18 through to her courtship and marriage to Prince Albert. Victoria went on to rule for 63 years, and was our longest-serving monarch until she was overtaken by Elizabeth II on 9th September this year. Rufus Sewell stars as Lord Melbourne, Victoria’s first prime minister. The two immediately connected and their intimate friendship became a popular source of gossip that threatened to destabilise the Government – angering both Tory and Whigs alike.
- Victoria S01E07 – The Engine of Change Season 01, Episode 07 – “The Engine of Change”
Victoria's pregnancy raises the sticky topic of a Regency. When Victoria names Albert as the head of […]
- Victoria S01E08 – Young England Season 01, Episode 08 – “Young England”
A heavily pregnant Victoria is frustrated by both Albert and her mother's attempts to confine her to the […]
- Victoria S01E06 – The Queen’s Husband Season 01, Episode 06 – “The Queen's Husband”
With no real role in the household, Albert feels worthless and matters are made worse when the Duke […]
- Victoria S01E05 – An Ordinary Woman Season 01, Episode 05 – “An Ordinary Woman”
In the precious stolen moments before Albert leaves for Coburg, he asks Victoria to secure a title and […]
- Victoria S01E03 – Brocket Hall Season 01 , Episode 03 – “Brocket Hall”
A Chartist uprising in Newport underlines the instability of the monarchy. Victoria’s uncle Leopold […]