The various generations of the Hughes family, who all love, work and fight like any other clan, find they must learn to communicate all over again when the youngest member is diagnosed with autism.
Season 01, Episode 01
In their idyllic Lake District home, the extended Hughes family reunites for Joe’s fifth birthday party. But tensions soon rise among Alison, Paul and patriarch Maurice when newly-arrived Eddie and Nicola suggest Joe has communication problems.
- The A Word S01E06 – Episode 6 It’s the launch day of Paul’s gastropub, and the family gathers to open its doors. While Maurice gets to grips with the half-done décor, Alison […]
- The A Word S01E02 – Episode 2 Season 01, Episode 02
Following Joe’s autism diagnosis Paul, Alison and Rebecca clash over how best to deal with his first weeks at school. […]
- The A Word S01E05 – Episode 5 Alison is hit hard when Joe’s helper Maya looks set to be deported. As Paul and Eddie discover their wives both want different things, Maurice is […]
- The A Word S01E04 – Episode 4 An impromptu attempt to win Joe some friends leads to a breakthrough moment for Alison, but how long can it last? Maurice and Louise come to blows […]
- The Disappearance S01E05 – Episode 5 Season 01, Episode 05 – “Episode 5”
The waiting is finally over for the distraught Morel family when Lea's body is found in Miribel lake. As they […]